These are my thoughts watching One More Chance as a young kid. (Please know that I was a 6th grader when I first saw the film and I swear, I didn’t understand anything, but I went through the entire film because my friends said it was a good movie)
- OMG SHE POOPED IN HER UNDIES
- Oh, they’re married?
- Why did she resign?
- Did they break up because of the chicken skin?
- Parang gusto ko yung chicken skin.
- Did they break up or got divorced? Idk, man. They used to live in the same house, I guess divorced.
- Parang ang babaw? Bakit kasi nag break dahil sa chicken skin?
- Sabagay, dapat kasi sinusunod ni guy yung girl.
- Okay, cool, she had a haircut.
- Oooh, she’s broke, now she has to sell tshirts. Why did she even resign?
- OMG HUNKY GUY ALERT
- MAGIGING SILA
- HALA WAIT SI POPOY NASA REUNION!!!!
- OMG FIST FIGHT COMING
- The new guy wasn’t that mad though. Corny ew
- HALA POPOY HAS A GF NA
- ?????? the ex couple has to work on a house project ?????? aren’t they supposed to not see each other, talk or anything???? That’s what a normal ex couple do, right????
- wait, I’m lost, Basha likes the Popoy ulit????
- But Basha has another guy na diba?
- Didn’t she break up with him because of the chicken skin din?
- OMG BASHA AND THE NEW GIRL IS IN THE SAME CAR
- WHAT AN AWKWARD AND PAINFUL SITUATION THOUGH
- BAKIT MO KASI BRINEAK
- Ang sakit ah
- OMG POPOY AND BASHA ARE FIGHTING
- Gusto ni Basha siya ulit. Ayan kasi, break break ka pa.
- Hindi ko gets bakit nag pakamatay yung friend nila
- Why is the new girl there? Psh.
- BASHA IS CRYING AGAIN HUHU I FEEL U SISTER
- She gave the blueprint back AND OMFG THEY KISSED?????????????????
- THEY’RE BOTH CHEATING ON THEIR LOVED ONES
- WAIT I’M LOST??? Bakit may ibang napangasawa yung guy ni Basha????????
- Hala Popoy and the new girl break up
- He really loves Basha no?
- Tatapusin ko pa ba to gutom na ko
- Bakit ba sila iyak iyak, ang gulo nila
- Ano ba tong ending? Are they back together? WHY ARE THEY STILL CRYING
- Are they back or are they not back?
And yes, I remember all of these thoughts because I kept going back to them when I re-watch the movie. (It’s a habit)
Repeating the movie again and again growing up (because people kept raving about how good it was and I couldn’t stand the idea of missing a great movie), I soon realized that all elements of the movie, the dialogues, and the scenes put together a story about a great love shared by two individuals, with different needs and wants for their lives. It all made sense to me now.
I realized that Basha didn’t break up because of the chicken skin, she broke up with him because she wanted to live by her own rules for once. And she quit her job because she wanted to create something she can call hers, and thus, the tshirt she made. She cut her hair not only because she wanted to, but because it signifies a birth of a new identity; a fresh start; a life without Popoy. Also, a break up isn’t a bad idea too. I realized that Basha and Popoy had to break apart for good things to fall back together.
And believe me when I tell you, watching this was so much easier back in the days. Now I can’t sit through the entire movie without tearing apart and looking like I was the one who went through a tough break up, with puffy eyes and red nose after.
One thing’s for sure though, they were all right when they told me it was a great movie.